Board of Directors
University Hill Public Safety Association
The University Hill Public Safety Association (UHPSA) is an organization consisting of the representatives from the law enforcement, security, and public safety agencies protecting and serving the University Hill area and its institutions.
The mission of the UHPSA is to maintain and improve public safety in the University Hill area through collaboration, cooperation, and communication. Member agencies further the mission by:
- Exchanging and sharing information on issues in the University Hill area impacting, quality of service to community served, crime and incident trends, including specific ongoing cases and investigations, traffic, transportation, and traffic control issues, law enforcement and security training opportunities and needs, operations, and emergency preparedness.
- Engaging in collaborative crime prevention efforts.
- Sharing resources and coordinating efforts to address crime.
- Offering field staff immediate interoperable communications capabilities.
- Evaluating public safety, emergency response, and security needs, and planning to meet those needs.
Additional assistance and resources are provided by the University Hill Corporation.
- Syracuse Police Department
- SUNY College of Environmental
Science and Forestry
- Syracuse University
- SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Crouse Hospital
- Hutchings Psychiatric Center
- Syracuse Housing Authority
- Sheraton Syracuse University
Hotel & Conference Center
- University Hill Corporation
- Crouse Marshall Business
- LeMoyne College
- Auburn Correctional Facility
The Crouse Marshall Business Improvement District (CMBID) is comprised of more than 70 retail businesses, including unique restaurants and boutiques. A wide variety of goods – from bagels to shoes – can be found in this convenient shopping district. Services in this area include vision care, beauty and barber shops, hotels and medical offices.
A variety of foods are available at Crouse Marshall restaurants, ranging from vegetarian fare to Middle Eastern cuisine. Coffee cafes, pizza shops, and fast food restaurants are also housed in this district. Several popular nightspots create a festive atmosphere. Known as “M Street,” the area remains a favorite attraction for the late-night crowd, as well as for University alumnae during football and basketball weekends. The Crouse Marshall businesses form an exciting, upbeat retail center aimed at meeting the needs of students and employees on the Hill campuses.
Click Here for a PDF copy of the Crouse Marshall brochure.
A dedicated security patrol and maintenance staff assure that the district is clean, safe and attractive. An active CMBID board of directors meets regularly to address issues impacting the neighborhood. The Crouse Marshall BID is a member of the University Hill Corporation.
East Genesee Business District
The East Genesee Business District is located at the base of the University Hill and serves as an accessible resource for students, employees, and residents of the area. The district harbors a diverse mix of stores, restaurants, services, major hotels, highly-acclaimed cultural facilities, modern health and medical complexes, and religious and community organizations committed to serving Hill-area residents. Forman Park all add to the area’s charm. Complementing the district is Forman Park as well as cultural facilities, which include Syracuse Stage and the Community Folk Art Center. The mix of residential areas, churches, and social and community service organizations contribute to the neighborhood feel of the area.
Click Here for a PDF copy of the East Genesee Street brochure.
The East Genesee Regent Association (EGRA), is an organization of property owners, business people, residents, and citizens concerned with the future of the East Genesee business community. The Association works to promote the area, to encourage community development, to plan for the future, and to guarantee adequate parking, security and environmental maintenance. The EGRA hosts a holiday party for area children. As a member of the University Hill Corporation, the East Genesee Regent Association is also involved in the overall planning and development of the entire Hill area.